Monday, May 18, 2009

Syllabus: May 18th to May 22nd

BRING LITERATURE BOOK AND MY ANTONIA BOOK TO CLASS ALL THE TIME!

Monday
In class:
Due: I In MY Antonia, read Book 1: introduction and chapters 7 – 14 and complete response questions on blog.
Compare/Contrast experiences with characters to interviewee
HOMEWORK:
Due Tomorrow: Propaganda assignment
Due Wednesday: My Antonia: Book I: Ch 1 – 14 study questions
Due Friday: MA: Finish Book I: ch 15 to 19 and answer discussion questions (on Blog)
Due Friday: QUIZZZZZZZZZ! AF Ch 1-5, MA Ch 1 to 19 and background info for both.

Tuesday
In class:
DUE: Propaganda Assignment
Review
Discuss Examples
HOMEWORK:
Due Tomorrow: My Antonia: Book I: Ch 1 – 14 study questions

Wednesday
In class:
Due: My Antonia: Book I: Ch 1 – 14 study questions
BRING LITERATURE BOOK: Read Animal Farm Ch 5
HOMEWORK:
Due tomorrow: AF: Finish ch. 5 and answer study questions.

Thursday
In class:
DUE: Animal Farm: ch 5
Plot analysis and Character development
Use of Satire/allegory
HOMEWORK:
Due tomorrow MA: Finish Book I: ch 15 to 19 and answer study questions, STUDY FOR QUIZZZZ…

Friday
In class:
DUE: MA: Finish Book I: ch 15 to 19 and answer study questions
QUIZ: Communism background info, George Orwell, Animal Farm, My Antonia!!
HOMEWORK:
NO SCHOOL MONDAY (MEMORIAL DAY)
If you were absent on the day of the quiz, you MUST see me during a study or after school on MONDAY in order to get credit. If you have any other problems, speak to me prior to this.
Due Tuesday: AF: Read chapters 6 and 7, complete BOTH sides of EACH handout
Due Wed: MA: Book II: chapters 1 to 9, questions on the blog

No comments: